page

Saturday 11 April 2015

The first step to do before you put on braces.


Hello everyone, so today I would like to share about the first step you must do before you put on your braces. 
Before that, I will share all the researches I did before I decided which braces to put on.
Fyi, there are types of braces you can choose. 

1. Traditional Braces (metal)


This is the most common one and I guess everyone saw it before.
People can choose what colors they want for every time they tighten their braces because there is elastic band need.
However, this is pain as there will be a headgear on the last tooth,
This require tooth exaction.


2. Self Ligation Braces (the one i chose)


The  Self-Ligating Braces technology eliminates the need for rubber bands. Wire is being lock up by the brackets and the locking system
The benefits:
  • Small SmartClip braces move teeth more quickly
  • Smooth, contoured surfaces offer a more comfortable fit
  • Self-ligating design keeps orthodontist appointments to a minimum
  • Without rubber bands, braces are easier to keep clean 
In a conlusion : Quick and Less pain 

Anyhow, exaction tooth are still needed :( 


3. Damon


Damon is similar to the second one. It is a type of self-ligation too. But, the differences are
  •  No exaction tooth needed 
  • Put on the braces on your upper teeth during the first time
  • A month later only put on your lower teeth


In a nutshell: for those who don't want pain and exaction tooth, you can choose this 


* Damon is the best for me. I recommend people who want to put on braces to think about it. In addition, when I googled 'braces', Damon can be said the most  famous one and almost everyone taking it. So you will be wondering why I'm not taking Damon.
 The reason I don't want to choose Damon, because there is no extraction of tooth needed. (lol i'm too 犯贱 i guess) And I watched the video on youtube the way how Damon works . I scare it will larger my face wtf as you know braces will make your face smaller, and the particular reason I guess is because you extracted your tooth therefore ... 
This is my own thinking anyway lol 

Alright, after decided which type of braces to put on, another problem arise.
Where to put on?

1. Ong Dental Surgery 
18a, Jalan 54, Kepong
03-62722710

This is a very famous dental at kepong area. (most of my friends did their braces there)
This is because it is very cheap (3.5k for traditional braces)
However, every time you go, you need to wait at least few hours or even half day. 
(even with appointment)
And according to my friend, the orthodontist was very careless
(he forgot to put on the elastic band  for my friend wtf -.-) 
(maybe he got many patients waiting and he want to be fast) 

2. Klinik Pergigian Yong
Jalan Pahang 53000 Kuala Lumpur
03-4023 0793

This is my bf's and his family favorite dentist. 
So I went there for consultation too (RM40)
The reason I'm not choosing this because their first payment required RM3.5k (only plain for braces not included everything) 
This is out of my budget. If add on everything will be almost 5k for only 1st payment.

3. Klinik Pergigian Choo
18-1, Genting Court, Jalan 3/50c Off Jalan Genting Kelang,
03-4022 5397

This clinic only offers a type of braces which is Damon
And their nurses there are very friendly and patient to answer all your questions.
Their Damon only cost 5k (sooooo cheap) Fyi, Damon cost at least 6.5k - 25k outside
Actually I'm abit regret why not choosing them now  T_T

4. Lim Dental Surgery (my final decision)
No. 126, 1st Floor, Metro Genting Klang, Jalan Genting Klang
03-40213302

The reason I choose here :
1. Nearby my house
2. Do not need to wait long for consultation.
3. Their machines look advance and orthodontist look pro.
4. Few of my friends went there and have good comments over there.

However, this is the most expensive as compare to others.
The whole braces process included everything need to be around 8k+



So yea. now back to the topic.


This is the registration counter of Lim Dental Surgery.
All their nurses there are very polite. 




 

While waiting for my turn .... 

This is my first time there. Before that I did called and ask for the prices and details.
Although this time only going to be consultation.
 i am still very scare and nervous (as you know i'm those type of ppl that very scare of pain)
I will cry during my injection. lol

Waited not more than half hour,  the nurse called my name.
My orthodontist start explaining all the details and prices to me

RM150 for teeth cleaning (depends on your condition)
RM150 for tooth extraction (depends on your condition)
RM100 for tooth filling  (depends on your condition)
RM300 for mold+x-ray+photo (is a must before agree for braces treatment)

My teeth need to do all above fml -.-
4 tooth need to be extracted and 5-6 tooth need to do filling T_T



Before taking photo,  he put a plastic things in  my mouth to hold my mouth open on each side of the corner of my mouth.



  photo shooting season LOLOL ;P
It's feeling so weird when your mouth are opened so big and there's a camera on you.


the idk  face lol


 I rarely smile by showing my teeth because of the rabbit teeth.
And dang dang, this is how I look when I smile with my teeth.



 This is how the mold going to be done. 
.
 First, my orthodontist find a metal mold to fit my mouth.
then they mix up the liquid paste (for the mold) and put it in the metal mold. 
 They'll say to open your mouth as wide as possible and they will slowly stick the mold in.
 This part will be uncomfortable.
 Then will have to leave it in for about one minute. Breathe through your nose and it actually make me feel like vomit because the taste is really disgusting. *yucks
After that, they will take out the mold and you will feel some pressure (since the paste is basically stuck on your teeth), then it will come off and you are done. 

Anyway, not painful at all okay. 


 The mold is showed in the photo (yellow thingy)
It smell good (like fruit taste) but disgusting HAHA



And here come the last one, X-RAY!


This is how I done my x-ray. Exactly same as the photo.


So this is my first experience for my braces' consultation.
I'm so worry now to the next appointment because it's gonna be teeth cleansing and tooth filling.
OHHHH SHITTTT! :(



Hope you enjoy reading! 








2 comments:

  1. What a fantabulous post this has been. . I am grateful to you and expect more number of posts like these. Thank you very much.
    Dental Braces Medicine Hat

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have damon braces in my Duryea Orthodontics doesn't really hurt I'm only in my second month.

    ReplyDelete